INFECTION PREVENTION AND PROTOCOLS
As a health care organization, we recognize that many people are concerned about the spread of infections, and most notably COVID-19. Since older adults are more susceptible to infections, the organization continues to take the necessary precautions to prevent illnesses like the flu and COVID-19 from being transmitted to and within our community. As always, our commitment is to the safety and well-being of the residents, families, and staff who live, work, and visit our campus.
Oak Crest also recognizes the importance of relationships and the benefits associated with face-to-face social interaction. Although DeKalb County COVID-19 positivity rates, IDPH Mitigation Tiers, and facility COVID rates continue to limit community events, dining and visitation, Oak Crest has established new visitation guidelines that adhere to current public health mandates while offering opportunities for residents to engage with family and friends.
Effective March 17, 2021, and until further notice, the following guidelines are in place regarding limited in-person visitation:
Visits are scheduled by appointment only:
- Independent Residents must schedule visits with Door 4 Receptionist.
- Personal Care Health Care POA must schedule visits with Door 4 Receptionist.
- Health Center POA must schedule visits with a nursing supervisor.
- One visit per calendar week for each resident
- One person per visitor or two people if residing in one household.
- Visits are limited to resident apartment or private Heath Center suite.
- Health pre-screening and on-site screening must be completed by each visitor.
- Visitor Education and Agreement must be completed by each visitor.
- Everyone entering the facility must adhere to infection control protocols:
- Wash hands thoroughly and often
- Use hand sanitizer
- Wear a well-fitting disposable mask covering nose and mouth
- Refrain from touching your face
- Maintain a 6’ social distance
Visitors should not enter the Oak Crest community if they:
- Internationally traveled within the past fourteen days.
- Have been exposed to anyone with confirmed positive COVID19 within the past 14 days.
- Are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or trouble breathing
- Muscle, body aches, or chills
- Runny or Stuffy nose
- Sudden onset of a headache
- Sudden loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Fever (within the past 3 days)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
In addition, Oak Crest has in place infection control policies and protocols to address both resident and staff illnesses, as well as policies that ensure affected staff not report to work until they meet CDC health standards.