The last three years have proved challenging, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we navigate the ever-changing regulations and limitations imposed on us by the CDC, Illinois Department of Public Health, and the DeKalb County Health Department. Although there has been some relaxation in regulations, we continue to respond to DeKalb County COVID-19 positivity rates, as well as any Oak Crest positive test results. To date, the following health and safety guidelines apply:
- All visitors must enter doors 4 or 11 or be admitted through doors 18 and 26 and accompanied by an Oak Crest resident.
- All visitors are to sign in and out of the facility and verify they are non-symptomatic.
- Anyone experiencing symptoms should refrain from visiting the campus.
- Masking is required only in the licensed Health Care Center.
- Resident guests are welcome in community spaces and dining venues.
- We continue to encourage vaccination and testing requirements for staff and residents remain in effect.
- Proper hand hygiene and infection control protocols should be followed.
We acknowledge that there are still risks associated with visitation, COVID-19 and/or other infectious diseases. However, the risks are reduced by adhering to the core principles of infection prevention. Furthermore, we more than anyone, understand that residents have the right to make choices, that are significant to them. Visitors, residents, or their representative should be aware of the potential risk of visiting and adhere to all facility precautions.
The balance between maintaining the safety and well-being of a compromised population and allowing for more social contact is something Oak Crest will continue to address. Mask wearing, hand washing, vaccination, and social distancing when required will continue to be key factors in limiting exposure and maintaining the safety and well-being of all who live and work here. As an organization, we remain committed to providing a safe living and working environment. For the health and safety of those entrusted to our care and those who care for them, we will continue to do our very best. Thank you for your support.
Stephen P. Cichy