Effective June 29, 2021
As a healthcare organization, we recognize that many people are concerned about the spread of infections, and most notably COVID-19. Since older adults are more susceptible to infections, the organization continues to take the necessary precautions to prevent illnesses like the flu and COVID-19 from being transmitted to and within our community. As always, our commitment is to the safety and well-being of the residents, families, and staff who live, work, and visit our campus.
- 100% of building residents have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
- 75% of staff have been vaccinated against COVID-19.
(We continue to encourage vaccination and follow all required infection control policies and protocols including but not limited to, social distancing, proper hand sanitation and mandated mask wearing for employees and visitors)
Due to DeKalb County positivity rates and Oak Crest testing results, the visitation policy has been updated:
- 3 Scheduled Visitations Per Week, Per Resident:
- Scheduled in advance.
- COVID-19 prescreening at entry.
- Visitors limited to:
- 2 years of age and older
- Two people from the same household per visit
Out of Facility Travel:
Residents may leave the facility if not symptomatic and/or under quarantine or isolation. Fully vaccinated residents are not required to quarantine following outings, overnight stays, or extended visits. At all times, Residents, friends, and family are encouraged to follow infection control recommendations including but not limited to social distancing, proper hand sanitation and mask wearing in larger groups or in the presence of unvaccinated individuals.
- Independent Residents:
- Residents may leave and re-enter the facility through Door 4 after completing the COVID-19 screening.
- Personal Care Residents:
- After notifying nursing staff of intent to leave the facility, Residents may leave and re-enter the facility through Door 4 after completing the COVID-19 screening.
- Health Center Residents:
- After notifying nursing staff of intent to leave the facility, Residents may leave and re-enter the facility through Door 4/Door 11 after completing the COVID-19 screening.
Please note that although much of the State of Illinois reopens, long-term care facilities are still highly regulated and limited by state regulations. Although the Oak Crest community continues to re-open, the Health Center facility remains closed to internal/external traffic and visits are limited to pre-scheduled and screened individuals.
Due to DeKalb County positivity rates and Oak Crest testing results, the following amenities/services are scheduled for reopening:
- Pool and Spa
- PC in-person dining
- HC in-person dining
- Group activities
- Beauty Shop